What is Ayurveda?
Dr. Charles Elder, will answer this question, and many more.
Dr. Elder is the Senior Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine at Kaiser Permanente Northwest, the Physician Lead, Integrative Medicine, KPNW and an Ayurvedic doctor of the Complimentary and Alternative Medicine clinic. He has a resume longer than my body at 19 pages referencing his research, articles, education, and positions.
Definition of Ayurveda:
In Ayurveda, one’s individual nature is mirrored in their body type, aka dosha. The doshas reflect 3 main governing principles of nature, vata (air), pitta (fire), and kapha (earth-water).Each person is a unique combination of these 3 principles or doshas, with different proportions of each existing within.One’s dosha depicts what and how they eat, how they exercise, when they sleep, and even where they prefer to live.
Early to bed, early to rise, get some exercise in the morning, and have a decent lunch!Dr. Elder
In This Episode, You Will Learn
- How Ayurveda can help you live healthy, fit, and free
- How Ayurveda prevents illness
- How Ayurveda can help heal illness
- What the three doshas are and what they mean to you
- How Ayurveda can help bring your body into balance.
- When his book will be released
Links and Resources for This Episode
- Dr. Elder’s book “Picture of Health” – great site with tons of healthy tips about your doshas, how to improve your digestion, his wife’s artwork, and much more.