You do not have to become a gym bunny or run a marathon to lose weight and become more motivated to exercise. A 15 minute workout packed full of effective moves can have so many benefits for your body. It really is quality rather than quantity, let’s took a further look at the advantages of short workouts in addition to some examples to help get you started.
They are more convenient and everyone can fit them into their day. All the mentioned exercise moves in this article can be done easily from the comfort of your own home.
You will be much more motivated to start and finish a workout if it’s shorter to complete! You will feel a sense of accomplishment when it’s finished and your exercises will soon become habits that you love.
Your heart rate will be elevated quicker, which means you will sweat more and burn a maximum number of calories.
The best exercises for shorter workouts at home
Do a few minutes each of the following exercises to create your 15 minute workout. After you have perfected each move, you will soon start to lose weight and get definition in the areas of your body that you need it most.
There are all different kind of crunches out there but a regular crunch suffice to burn calories and help to tone your stomach area.
- Lay down on the floor, with your feet flat and knees bent.
- Put your hands behind your head so your elbows are pointed out at your sides.
- Gently pull your abs inwards and as you do so, lift your head and neck up off the floor.
- Hold for a moment before returning to your starting position and repeating.
This cardio based exercise will get your heart racing and burn calories. You can get a jump rope for a dollar or so at most stores.
- Hold the jump rope out at your side with your wrists facing outwards.
- Bring your arms (and the rope) backwards and over your head. Jumping every time you need to in order to avoid hitting the rope.
- Try and jump on the balls of your feet and not too high to perfect this move.
Push-ups will help to increase your upper body strength and improve your endurance for other kinds of exercise. They will also burn calories and help to tone your arms.
- Get into the plank position , put your hands on the floor, shoulder width apart and your arms straight.
- Bring your body to the floor, making sure to keep your back flat.
- Wait until your chest is almost touching the floor, before extending your arms and coming back to your starting position.
Another good cardio based exercise that will burn calories and improve stamina.
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart, relaxing your pelvis.
- Jump and as you do so, bring your legs and arms out to the side – immediately jumping back to your start position.
Things to remember
If you really want to see the best possible results from exercise, it’s important that you are eating well also. Plenty of fruits, vegetables and limiting the amount of junk food you eat will help you immensely. Nobody is perfect all the time, so do allow yourself a treat when you feel you deserve it.
Make sure you drink plenty of water when you are exercising and throughout the day in general. This will elevate your weight loss and give you some essential hydration too.
It’s important to stay motivated, especially through the first few weeks of a workout plan until you get used to this big change. I recommend taking measurements of your body, as this is more accurate than the scales.
Something else that works for many people is buying an outfit that is in their “ideal size”. Hang this outfit somewhere that you can always see it and it will motivate you to keep working hard!
Now that you know some amazing exercises you can do from the comfort of your own home and the benefits they have for your body, what are you waiting for? Fitting a 15-20 minute workout into your day is manageable for EVERYONE. You have no excuses, so get your body moving today and you will soon reap the rewards.
|Annie Jones is the main responsible behind the BoostBodyFit.com. She started off a bit on the chubby side, but went through the transformation and now enjoys the great health and looks great. Say Hi to Annie on Twitter, Facebook|