“Diets Don’t Work”
Dr. Traci Mann has researched the ability of weight loss diets to do what they promise and found some surprising results – they don’t work. More specifically, they do not help a person keep the weight off over time.
In this interview with University of Minnesota professor Traci Mann, she tells us the premise of her book, why Diets Don’t Work in “Secrets From The Eating Lab“, and why she is uniquely qualified to write this unbiased book.
In this interview, Dr. Mann tells us:
- Her strategies to lose, and maintain, body weight
- Why willpower doesn’t work
- Why dieting is worse for you than doing nothing
- The power of an “implementation intention”
- That “Calories in – Calories out” is a myth
- Comfort foods are not comforting, and
- Diet soda is worse for you than the sugar versions
- “Veggies first”
- Veggies First – How to Stride Ahead, Part 2 (Part 1 is her buying the vegetables.) She describes it this way: “It’s a depiction of the nuts and bolts of roasting vegetables for the week, all at once, which is a much more efficient process than you’d think.”
- Traci’s website
- Traci’s book explaining why Diets Don’t Work – “Secrets from the Eating Lab“
Thanks for Listening
Thanks for listening to this episode.
Please feel free to leave a comment about this episode. I love hearing from you and your feedback helps me make the show better. I’m open to constructive criticism and topic suggestions for future shows.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on this page. To be sure you receive the latest episode, subscribe through a podcast catcher such as iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, or aCast (to name a few).
I would also appreciate an honest review of this show on any of your favorite podcast portals (click: iTunes, Stitcher). Your subscriptions and reviews help give the show authority and can really help it become noticed by others, which in turn will spread the word of good health and fitness.
If you have never left a review for a podcast, you might want to check out my brief step-by-step tutorial for iTunes and Stitcher Radio. This step by step guide will make leaving a review quick and easy. Thanks again.
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Live Fit Podcast. Please subscribe and share it with your friends.