In this episode, we discover whether CBD is right for what ails you. Jay Hartenbach shares some of the benefits, and precautions, of using CBD.
The Benefits of Using CBD
- Pain Relief from: Sciatic nerve pain, inflammation, multiple sclerosis, arthritis (5, 6).
- Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression: with little to adverse reactions (12).
- Alleviating Cancer-Related Symptoms (19).
- Decrease Effects of Acne: through its anti-inflammatory properties and by decreasing secretions from the sebaceous glands (25).
- Neuroprotective Properties: has been shown to effectively treat symptoms related to epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease. CBD was also shown to reduce the progression of Alzheimer’s disease in test-tube and animal studies (31).
- Heart Health: by reducing heart damage and blood pressure (34).
- Antipsychotic effects: Studies suggest that CBD may help people with schizophrenia and other mental disorders by reducing psychotic symptoms (36).
- Substance abuse treatment: CBD has been shown to modify circuits in the brain related to drug addiction. In rats, CBD has been shown to reduce morphine dependence and heroin-seeking behavior (37).
- Anti-tumor effects: In test-tube and animal studies, CBD has demonstrated anti-tumor effects. In animals, it has been shown to prevent the spread of breast, prostate, brain, colon and lung cancer (38).
- Diabetes prevention: In diabetic mice, treatment with CBD reduced the incidence of diabetes by 56% and significantly reduced inflammation (39).
- Tobacco cessation and drug withdrawal: Some promising evidence suggests that CBD use may help people to quit smoking. The researchers noted that CBD reduced some symptoms associated with substance use disorders. These included anxiety, mood-related symptoms, pain, and insomnia.
Now you see a few of the more common ailments that can be treated with CBD, what about adverse reactions and precautions?
- There have been many studies on the safety of CBD. So far the conclusions have shown that CBD is safe for adults and pets and that adults tend to tolerate a wide range of doses well.
- Researchers have found no significant side effects on the central nervous system, vital signs, or mood, even among people who used high dosages.
- The most common side effect was tiredness. Also, some people reported diarrhea and changes in appetite or weight.
- There is still a lack of long-term studies as it has been illegal to grow or study CBD or any form of cannabis until the 2018 Farm Bill.
- More information on Medical Cannabis, Adverse Effects and Drug Interactions.
Anyone who is considering using CBD should talk to a qualified healthcare practitioner beforehand.
It is important to note that researchers have linked marijuana use during pregnancy to impairments in the fetal development of neurons. Regular use among teens is associated with issues concerning memory, behavior, and intelligence.
Links and Resources for This Episode
You Might Also Like
- Episode 123 Medical Marijuana
- 7 Diseases That are Being Treated with Marijuana
- Episode 108 Heal Your Pain Naturally